I saw this meme on Matt and Kara Adopt, the same blog from which I got the awesome wreath pattern. I’m a sucker for memes. I’ll drop everything at work to fill one out. I just like sharing information about myself, probably why I started a blog. It could be the leo in me!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first or second weekend of December. We get a real tree so any sooner and we’d be in pine needle city(although if you ask Linda our cleaning lady, she’d tell you that no matter when we get it, we’re still in pine needle city).
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love turkey. It’s a staple however I really really love my Gramma Jeff’s(the background of the nickname would take forever to explain) Swedish Strip cookies. I make some each year for my dad and end up making some for myself because I just can’t resist.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When I was really young, I’d wake up before everyone and then arrange all my presents at the front of the tree and then act like Santa just preferred me. I also loved waking up and hearing my parents complain about how messy Santa was and seeing a trail of ash footprints coming out of the fire place and with half eaten cookies and carrots (for the reindeer) on a plate. I would get so excited thinking “OHMYGOD SANTA WAS HERE!!!”
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now with all the families to visit, we end up opening some on Christmas eve. When I was younger though we got to open one on Christmas Eve.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?Love it until January 1st. Then I wouldn’t mind it going away.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes but I haven ‘t in years since that fateful winterlude where my mom and stepdad took us skating on the Ottawal canal and I kept telling my mom that my skates were hurting and she thought I was just being a lazy anti social teenager until much later when we were done, I took off my skates to find that the skate had cut into my ankle and my sock was covered in blood. To my mom’s defense though, I was a pretty lazy teenager. I wouldn’t put it past teenage me to make up something like my skates were hurting to get out of the activity.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can’t remember an exact favourite one. I really loved getting my kindle last year.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? I love getting together with family and just enjoying each other’s company, and then seeing each other so much over the holidays that we get fed up with each other.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Sweedish Strip cookies!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love the Christmas sock at the end of the bed. I remember as a kid feeling something at the foot of my bed and being so excited to wake up in the morning to open it.
17. What tops your tree? Usually a light up star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving for sure! I love people’s reaction.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? I’d have to say Love Actually. It’s pushed White Christmas to #2 spot.
21. Saddest Christmas song?Definitely BandAid’s “do they know it’s Christmas.” I cry everytime they say “tonight thank god it’s them instead of you” since it makes me feel so sad yet thankful that we have everything we have.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by the Barenaked Ladies. Very festive!