Well I did it! I managed to finish two sewing projects today. I didn’t get to do my duvet project since I didn’t have the right material.
My first project was a nursing cover for my friend April (as mentioned in the previous post, I had promised this back in February). April had chosen the material which is from the Amy Butler Rowan collection. It’s beautiful fabric. I had ordered two yards of it so I’m eager to make something with the remainder. Possibly something for Henry like summer lounge pants or something.
The next project was an additional crib sheet for Henry’s bed. I had made two before he was born. One that I’ve showcased on this blog before which was a brown flannel with animals pattern. The other was a nice cotton which I had made about 3 days before Henry was born. I must have been suffering from severe baby brain when I originally made the second one since when I tried to put it on the crib mattress a few weeks ago, it was way to short. So I now use that one for Henry’s playpen:
So I made a new crib sheet with the correct measurements today. I used some Valeri Wells fabric that I had purchased at the handmade harvest craft show in Almonte a few weeks ago from the seller Dutch Girl Textiles. I loved this fabric and thought it would look really nice in Henry’s room. I love how “fresh looking” the sheet turned out.
It felt good to craft after so many months off taking care of Henry. Maybe now with his new floor mat, I can plop him beside me and I can sew some more.